Pages

Labels

EFCA Debate and Article

So, I wrote this column on the Employee Free Choice (sic) Act or EFCA if you haven't seen it already. Someone must have read it, because I was invited to debate EFCA on the radio on Friday, January 23, 2009 at 7:00 a.m. Roy Ulrich, a lawyer and the host of "Morning Review" on KPFK-FM in LA, hosted the forum.

I was up against a professor from my alma mater. I think she would rescind my diploma if it were up to her.

The interesting aspect of the debate is the opinion my opponent offered about the motivation behind this law. It's not about expanding union representation at the workplace for the sake of workers, etc. It's about the labor "movement." The more members the unions get, the more money they earn. The more money they earn, the more they can lobby politicians and affect election outcomes. Their hope is to elect politicians who will change world TRADE POLICY and become anti-"globalization." Now, *I'm* not saying that's what EFCA is really about. Rather, "that's what she said."

Anyway, if you want to hear my radio stylings, you may do so here. The King of all Media has nothing to worry about. (And "baba booey" to you all.)

DGV